Policies: Dealing with incidents/accidents
Posted by Stuart Rudkin on 06/12/2016 21:07
Dealing with Incidents/Accidents
- Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Is there danger of further injuries?
- Alert a first aider who should take the appropriate action for minor injuries
- In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services (see list of emergency numbers)
- If appropriate, deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised
- Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency services.
- Contact the injured person’s parent/carer/partner
- Complete an incident/accident report form and send to the Club Welfare Officers. If the incident concerns child welfare it should be reported to the Club Welfare Officers in strictest confidence who will take the necessary action