This Website and the Sub Sites attached to it use cookies. For details please click here. By continuing to use this Website or any Sub Sites, you are consenting to the use of these cookies. You can switch off cookies at any time using your browser settings but if you do, this may affect your user experience.
Progress
Please wait...

*NEW* features available, update your app to Version 2 now!

* View the final scorecard for a match in your matches list, post-match.
* Download game details in advance to score offline with Play-Cricket data.
* Allow multiple scorers to score the same game, one scorer will assume Play-Cricket syncing rights.
* Receive notifications at the end of an innings, when a target score has been reached, and at the end of a match.

Available NOW: Google Play and App Store
hide announcement
banner_image

Management Committee Minutes 201703


Posted by Stuart Rudkin on 11/04/2017 08:50



Minutes of Committee Meeting held at the ground on 5th April 2017

Present:

C Sellors, S Cotterill,  J Watts,  J Horton, R Johnson, C Cresswell, S Rudkin, D Lane, R Smith.

Apologies:

G Topley, C Horton,  D Briggs, J Shaw,A Topley, N Fearn, K Thompson, C Elliott.

1. Minutes of Last Meeting.

These were read and approved.

2. Cricket Sub Committee (CSC).

SC – Kev has indicated that he will be unable to have time to commit to the role of third team captain due to a change of circumstance and increased work commitments. It was felt there was no obvious replacement. There is no problem with one of a number of senior players captaining on the field so it was agreed to defer formally appointing a replacement. An e mail will be sent to members to seek expressions of interest.

Jake Higgins – our overseas player will arrive on 19th April. Accommodation has been arranged .

JH – Womens cricket. We are to be involved with the ECB/DCB initiative and will hold a “Prosecco” event on a date to be decided – probably a Friday evening.

Outdoor nets – First one scheduled for 11.04 but due to poor attendances at the indoor nets they may start on 04.04 weather permitting if the final scheduled indoor net can be cancelled. Charlotte is to be asked to put together a training plan.

As mentioned above attendance at the winter nets has been disappointing. The cost at Wirksworth is £75 per session. We are re-couping about £45 per session on average. Junior nets at The Arc cost £886 for 6 sessions. It was agreed that this is not sustainable going forward and will have to be reviewed for next winter.

Players meeting to go ahead on Sat 8th April. Thorntree to be asked to provide food. Pie and Pea supper.

3. Pavilion/Ground Tasks.(PSC)

RJ – Plastic fascias and guttering replacement has been completed.

The electronic scoreboard is to be put on a frame on the flat roof area of the new part of the pavilion. The frame should be ready for the end of March or early April.

Grants - £14000 has been applied for to replace the frontage via Sport England. This was done 16th Feb and an answer is expected in about four weeks. Darley Dale Town Council have approved £500 towards the cost of the academy. A further application has gone in to the England and Wales Cricket Trust for £1000 for new table tops and chairs. We would have to contribute £350 if successful.

The original application included for a BBQ. This has been taken out on advice of DCB. SR hs priced up at £299. It was decided to defer purchase of this item.

Working party confirmed for 25th March from 9am. Captains to contact their players to seek attendance.

Jewson scheme – Registered for this and paid the £50.

JH – Alarm system and PAT testing to be done shortly.

CC – Started work on the ground. Very wet at present but some mowing done. All mowers serviced and in prime condition. Thanks to Paul Carson for his assistance with this.

4. Hosting/Fixtures/Ground Hire/Events.

JW – Archery tournament – going ahead on 1st/2nd April. They are setting up on Friday 31st March. Jamie will circulate a bar rota shortly.

VP Day – 2nd July. Junior cricket day. No format yet as still waiting on dates for district fixtures which may have an impact.

Derbyshire County Council Registration – Hire facilities – We missed the deadline for registering for this.

Annual Dinner. Jamie will contact The Whitworth Centre. Preferred date is 14th October. If not available will try 11th November. Agreed to try to get Zest to do the catering again.

Weddings – Had enquiries about events in July, August and September. Nothing further heard so assume none are going ahead.

SR – We are hosting a District Under 13’s match on 11th June, a County girls Under 17’S match on 13TH July and a DCB summer training camp from 24th – 28th July.

5. Sponsorship/Publicity.

 Nathan e mailed to advise that the Academy press release should be in the local papers next week otherwise there was no report on sponsorship.

6. Juniors.

SR – Academy sessions proceeding. The session on 26th Feb was cancelled and last week had reduced numbers as several were playing in a regional hockey finals.

Sixteen juniors are currently in the academy. Tom Coxhead has a new role at DCB but this should not affect this years programme as he is already booked in.

We are planning on running 2 Kwik teams and one team at Under 11, Under 12, Under 13 and Under 15 levels.

There have been some minor issues with the attitude of some Darley players at district but nearing the end of the training we have a large representation and it looks like we may have this years captains at both Under 15 and Under 13 level.

All Stars Cricket is an ECB initiative for 5-8 year olds. It has come over from Australia where it has been credited with increasing participation in cricket. Parents sign up their kids on line and pay £40 (all but £5 goes to ECB). ECB provide the equipment and direct kids to local clubs that are signed up to the scheme. We will lose some revenue but it was felt we need to participate otherwise we risk losing kids to other local clubs such as Matlock.

7. Treasurers Report SC

SC – The treasurer reported the bank balance to the Committee

£1800 has been raised from Vice Presidents thanks to Jim.

We have two years left to pay on the loan which is £16000.

Simon has recovered £837.50 through CASC.

Cobra beer has been replaced with San Miguel for the 2017 season.

Jack Stone has been approach and has indicated he is happy to audit the Clubs accounts.

8. Secretaries Report.

CS – Insurance. Renewal has been received. Annual cost is £1935 which includes the electronic scoreboard which has been added to the cover. Other than this the premium has only increased slightly from last year.

9. CWO Officers Report.

Just need to note that our overseas player will need to attend a Safeguarding course. There is one at Alfreton CC on 11th May.

10. AOB.

None.

Next meeting Tuesday 4th April  2017 at The Ground 8.30pm